You’ve heard us say time and time again, “At Slimpressions®, we’re all about helping women look better in their clothes, but more importantly, we’re all about helping women FEEL better about themselves.” This is why we’ve come up with the new tagline, ConfidencewearTM. Statistics show, 8 out 10 women are not happy with what they see in the mirror. Let’s face the facts:
- 8 million people in the United States suffer from an eating disorder. 90% of these individuals are female.
- Americans spend more than 40 billion dollars on diet and beauty products a year.
- It is estimated that 40 to 50% of American women are trying to lose weight at any given point
- Almost half of all women smokers smoke because they see it as the best way to control their weight. Of these women, 25% will die of a disease caused by smoking.
- 13.8 million cosmetic plastic surgery procedures were performed in the United States in 2011. The majority of which were performed on women.
The average American woman is 5’4″ and 140 pounds.Most of us have a disproportionate view of our bodies due to the media, especially advertisements. The current standard of ideal thinness, set by the media, is achieved by less than 5% of the female population. For example:
- The average American model is 5′11″ and 117 pounds.
- Twenty years ago, models weighed 8% less than the average woman. Today, they weigh 23% less than the average woman.
We believe that your weight shouldn’t determine who you are. Confidence is a mental state. Love your body in every way, shape and form. You ARE beautiful. Encourage yourself to believe this. You have to love yourself, before you can allow others to love you.